Accurate Monitoring of Terrestrial Aerosols and Total Solar Irradiance : Introducing the Glory Mission
• facilitate the quantification of the aerosol direct and indirect effects on climate by determining the global distribution of the optical thickness and microphysical properties of natural and anthropogenic aerosols and clouds with much-improved accuracy;
• provide better aerosol representations for use in various remote sensing retrievals, thereby allowing improvements in aerosol assessments by other operational satellite instruments; and
• provide an improved framework for the formulation of future comprehensive satellite missions for aerosol, cloud, and ocean color research. "
• to increase the number of spectral channels and the total spectral range covered;
• to increase the number and range of viewing directions from which a scene location is observed; and